The generosity and stewardship of our donors and volunteers has and will continue to have a profound impact on the community and the clients we serve. We need and value your continued and consistent support of our work.
We greatly appreciate your support of our program.
To make a secure donation online, please use the donation button below:
If you would prefer to make your donation with a check, please send it to:
Henrietta Lacks House
210 West Madison Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
You may also contribute by designating Patrick Allison House as your preferred charity in a workplace based charity campaign.
United Way of Central Maryland Code: # 6145
Baltimore City Combined Charity Campaign Code: # 6145
Maryland Charity Campaign Code #6145
Combined Federal Campaign of the Chesapeake Area Code #84505
Henrietta Lacks House would greatly appreciate donations of the following items:
- Twin size bed sheets, pillow cases, and blankets
- New pillows
- New towels and washcloths
- New or gently used men’s clothing
- Cleaning Supplies
- Bulk quantities of paper towels and toilet paper
- Books – employment skills, financial literacy, self-help, non-fiction & fiction
We have many opportunities for you to volunteer your time and talents. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Alfred Carter by email, email@example.com, or by phone 443-325-4264.
- Help with special events
- Provide office assistance
- Teach practical life skills
- Tutor and mentor residents
- Assist with renovations
Henrietta Lacks House collects and uses personal information from donors that includes: name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. In addition, Henrietta Lacks keeps a record of each donor’s giving history. This information is kept on file for IRS purposes and is also used in our development process to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make accurate budget projections. Henrietta Lacks House does not sell, trade, rent or share names, addresses, telephone numbers, or e-mail addresses of our donors. We will use contact information (e-mail, telephone number and address) of donors for these purposes only:
- Distribute receipts and thank donors for their donations
- Inform donors about news, upcoming fundraising events and other activities of Henrietta Lacks House
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies (these reports are not for public inspection)
- Contact donors about changes to this policy. As a rule, Henrietta Lacks House publicly recognizes a donor by publishing a donor’s name unless the donor explicitly indicates that they would like their donation to be made “anonymous” when making a donation. Properly anonymized donor information can be used for promotional and fundraising activities. If you have questions about this policy or would like to make changes to your contact information, please contact Alfred Carter, Executive Director.